Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Chicago Trip 2012

Every year-and-a-half or so my friend Devin and I drive up to Elgin, Illinois to see our friend Justin. We only went to school together one year, but can easily pick up where we left off. I love it! I love how they have made a commitment to keep up with our friendship even though I am an old married lady now.
Every time we visit, Justin makes sure we go to the city at least once because he knows how much I love it.
This year, the day we went to the city was cold and rainy (just drizzling). I thought it was perfect! The only downside was that my shoes were pretty much soaked by the time we got back on the train to head back. I love how busy the city is.

I love these pictures because you can see how cloudy it was that day...you can't see the tops of the tallest skyscrapers. Even in the clouds, the city is still beautiful.

The ferris wheel at Navy Pier. I really wanted to ride, but it was closed because of the weather.
The Chicago Theater
A statue made out of canoes ... this was new since the last time I was there. Also, notice the Corvette Limo in the back.
View of the city from Navy Pier ... here is one of the shots where you can't see the top of the buildings due to cloud cover.
Another view from Navy Pier
I'm obsessed with this city, ok?!
This is where Batman flips his bike in The Dark Knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment