Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Vow Writing

Garrett and I are writing our own vows. I've just always thought that it would be sweet thing to do, and kind of adds a personal touch to the ceremony. Thankfully, knot.com was here to help, and sent me a list of 20 things to consider putting into your vows. However, I am not having the problem of vow writing writers block. I'm having the opposite problem. I could go on for days about how much I love Garrett and how excited I am to be married to him. I could make a list 12 miles long full of things that I promise to do for the rest of our lives. How do I condense this into something that is a minute long? I want them to be funny ... because, let's face it, we are not serious people, but I want it to be sweet ... but not mushy. I don't want people to tear up because they are so sweet ... mostly because if other people start crying than so will I ... shoot ... I'll probably cry either way.
The Knot suggested mentioning how you knew that you loved the person you're marrying ... how your life has changed with them in it ... things you can't wait to experience with them ... and things that you promise to do. Yeah. The only one of those that won't take me 5 years to explain would be "when did you know you loved him?"
This is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment