Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ups and Downs

Up - I think Garrett likes his new job. He doesn't talk about it a whole lot, so I think he must like it. He's just trying to learn everything before the other person on his project leaves for a week while his wife has a baby.

Down - I need a new job.
I started a nanny job January 4th for a 2-year-old and a 4-month-old. I should've known what I was getting into when the 2-year-old threw a temper tantrum during my interview when her mom wouldn't give her fruit snacks ... but I took the job anyway. Basically they have be on salary - so when they told me the yearly amount it sounded like a lot. But when I averaged it out, it comes to only about 7 bucks an hour. So - I'm making less than minimum wage working with a kid who is out of control. I just feel like everyday I am fighting a losing battle. I leave everyday with a migraine and come home, whine to Garrett, and then crash on the couch. So I quit. After only a week. I feel bad, but I just couldn't do it anymore. She is definitely one of those kids who is used to getting her own way all the time. I felt like every time we were making some progress, the parents un-did my work that night. She also does this thing where whenever you tell her to stop doing something (pulling the dog's tail ... running over the baby's foot with her Dora 4 wheeler, throwing toys ...) it just makes her do it more. Out. Of. Control.
Anyways, I'm there until they find another nanny.

So ... if you know anyone who needs a nanny, let me know. Preferably a Christian family who will have the same values as me (this family didn't) and preferably one with kids over the age of 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment