Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 28, 2011

So my husband can't smell ...

Garrett said I should write a post about living with an anosmic ... aka ... someone who can't smell.

Oh, p.s. in case you didn't already know this, Garrett can't smell.

So basically ... I always have to smell the milk. Which is unfortunate because my least favorite smell in the entire world is rotten milk, also, I don't even drink milk! So any time Garrett wants cereal, I have to smell the milk for him if it's close to the date on the carton so that he can eat without getting sick.
There are some things he does help out with though like ... I hate taking out the trash, mostly because our big trash bin smells AWFUL when you open it. So he takes out the trash almost all the time, which is terribly convienant for me.
Also, since he's male, he doesn't necessarily think bodily functions are gross, and obviously he doesn't know how bad of them smell. That's all I'm going to say about that.
I'm sure that there will be more things in the future that we will have to deal with ... dirty diapers ... but that won't be for 150 more years so I think we're ok for now.

The plus side is that I can pretty much buy any smelly house decorations that I want (Scensy, candles, febreeze) because he can't smell them so he doesn't care. Also, there is absolutely no point in buying body spray/perfume to make myself smell good, because he would never know the difference.

The end

No comments:

Post a Comment